These are online education courses for those that coach, personally train or care for pregnant and/or postpartum people.
These education courses are designed as a progressive series of learning where one module will release weekly (seven days) and there are twelve (12) modules and one (1) application module. You have six (6) months to complete the course and sixty (60) days to fill out your application from completion date. Upon the final date of application (8 months after purchase) you will be removed from the course.
The BIRTHFIT Coach Education is a strength and conditioning online course for those who train (or might one day train) pregnant and postpartum people. This is for coaches, personal trainers, and anyone who works with women and pregnant/postpartum people in the fitness world. This education is unlike anything else out there!
To read BIRTHFIT Coach Requirements please read HERE.
Objectives of the BIRTHFIT Coach Education:
- Learn basic anatomy and physiology associated with a female body, pregnancy, birth, and postpartum.
- Understand the BIRTHFIT definition of “core” and discover the origins of functional movement and breath; integrate these principles into both prenatal and postpartum training.
- Explore the idea of fitness, strength, and conditioning specifically in the context of labor and delivery; understand the need to move with intention and train for birth. The intention is quality over quantity; it is not what you do, but how you do it.
- Understand beneficial movements and movements to avoid for specific trimesters.
- Facilitate a person’s respect for their body and make space for their instincts—this trust starts in the gym. AWARENESS.
- Gain a respect for the uniqueness of both the birth and postpartum healing processes.
- Each human has their own healing process and timeline.
This course is for professionals that care for women in a hands-on manner throughout the Motherhood Transition. It is ideal for chiropractors, PTs, acupuncturists, midwives, OB/GYN, functional medicine doctors, naturopaths, doulas, and more. This is also ideal for the pregnant professional herself so that she may develop a deeper understanding and connection with her body throughout the motherhood transition.
To read BIRTHFIT Professional Requirements please read HERE.
Objectives of the BIRTHFIT Professional Education:
- Instill the foundational pillars of BIRTHFIT - fitness, nutrition, connection, mindset
- into the life of the practitioner as well as professional practices for the care of
pregnant or postpartum women.
- Define the stages of the Motherhood Transition - preconception through
postpartum- in order to assist practitioners in meeting a woman on her journey.
- Enhance proficiency in hands-on care for pregnant and immediate (less than 12
months) postpartum women.
- Begin to coordinate a universal standard of evaluation and care for the prenatal &
postpartum woman across multiple disciplines of care
- Educate professionals on the benefits of functional core stability from an
- Expand knowledge of intentional movements and exercises throughout the