Conscious Core: Vaginal or Cesarean
This 6 week course is designed to provide you the foundation for healing the core and pelvic floor in the immediate postpartum period following a vaginal or cesarean birth. Starting with breath, the postpartum period provides you an opportunity to reconnect with the way you are designed to move so you may be prepared for daily tasks and unexpected obstacles.
After six weeks of deliberate core training with us, we want you to:
- Learn how and why central core stability, diaphragmatic breath, and pelvic floor health are crucial.
- Practice and discover the benefits of proper diaphragmatic breath in conjunction with pelvic floor activation.
- (Cesarean program only) Perform cesarean self scar tissue release to increase blood flow and sensation to ultimately enhance the healing process post-cesarean.
- Execute effective mobilization and strength exercises designed specifically for overall core function (including pelvic floor stability).
- Create a postpartum plan of action that encompasses physical and emotional facets of health, so that you can have a sense of security, support, and freedom to be exactly where you are in this moment in time.
- Self-evaluate diastasis rectus abdominis with the goal of long-term reduction, healing, and functionality.
- Employ the foundational pillars of BIRTHFIT—fitness, nutrition, mindset, connection—in your everyday life.
- Cultivate an awareness and respect for your body through embracing movement meditation.
Equipment Recommended but Not Necessary:
PVC pipe, broom handle
Box or Bench or Chair
Light Set of Dumbbells
Medium Load Kettlebell
Want to try it for yourself?
Take a look at an example session...
- 7 Minutes Diaphragmatic Breathing
- 30-60 Seconds Bottom of Squat Breathing
- 1-2 Minutes Each Foot Mobility
- 10 Reps Total Functional Progression 2
- 10 Reps Total Functional Progression Transition 2 to 3 (Oblique Sit)
- 10 Reps Total Functional Progression 3 (Bird Dog)
- 2 Rounds
- 10 Postpartum Box Squats
- 10 Diaphragmatic Breaths in Bear
- 10 Glute Bridge Down Regulation